If you shoot, if you live in IL, YOU need to work the phone today, Sunday 01/06/13!
"With rabidly anti-gun Representative Edward Acevedo (Chicago Democrat, of course) gutting SB 2899 with House Amendment #1, banning so-called "assault weapons," "high-capacity" magazines, and .50 caliber firearms and ammunition. We have talked about politician and "Only One" Acevedo more than once (how did those legal troubles work out, one wonders?).
The House Judiciary 1 Committee will hold a hearing at 2 PM (Central Time) Sunday, to decide on whether or not the amendment goes on to be voted on by the entire House. The Illinois State Rifle Association urges Illinois gun owners to call the committee members before then, and politely urge them to vote against the amendment (phone numbers are included)."
Also the ISRA ...
Edited after working the phone list;LATE BREAKING ALERT – NEXT VOTE ON SEMI AUTO BAN WILL TAKE PLACE SUNDAY
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
After getting nowhere in the Senate, the gun controllers have taken their campaign to destroy your rights to the Illinois House. Earlier today, Amendment #1 to SB2899 was introduced in the Illinois House of Representatives. Sponsored by rabidly anti-gun Rep. Eddie Acevedo, the amendment would do two things to you:
1. It would pick your pocket to pay for the confiscation and destruction of your own guns.
2. It would ban more than 50% of the rifles and more than 80% of handguns owned by Illinois citizens.
THIS BILL WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE HOUSE JUDICIARY 1 COMMITTEE ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON – YOU MUST ACT NOW!
To help save your guns, please contact the following Representatives and politely tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you do not support SB2899 and that you expect them to vote the amendment down.
1. Rep. Elaine Nekritz,. (217) 558-1004 and (847) 257-0450
2. Rep. John Bradley, (217) 782-1051 and (618) 997-9697
3. Rep. Jill Tracy, (217) 782-8096 and (217) 223-0833
4. Rep. Michael Connelly, (217) 782-8028 and (630) 579-4848
5. Rep. Dwight Kay, (217) 782-8018 and (618) 307-9200
6. Rep. Lou Lang, (217) 782-1252 and (847) 673-1131
7. Rep. Sid Mathias, (217) 782-1664 and (847) 222-0061
8. Rep. André M. Thapedi, (217) 782-1702 and (773) 873-4444
9. Rep. Arthur Turner, (217) 782-8116 and (773) 277-4700
10. Rep. Ann Williams, (217) 782-2458 and (773) 880-9082
11. Rep. Michael Zalewski, (217) 782-5280 and (708) 442-6500
REMEMBER – THE AMENDMENT TO SB2899 WILL BE VOTED ON IN COMMITTEE SUNDAY AFTERNOON – START CALLING THESE REPRESENTATIVES BEGINNING SATURDAY AND CONTINUE CALLING THRU SUNDAY
11 reps listed above, 22 calls made, voicemailbox full, or no answer = 20, voicemail left=2
Left with the feeling that my opinion is, ummmm, not not solicited, nor really necessary for this session of sausage-making.